Monday, August 7, 2023

The Seven Sanctuaries

At the back of the second hypostyle hall, there are separate sanctuaries for each of the seven gods; Horus, Isis, Osiris, Amun-Ra, Ra-Horakhty, Ptah and Seti. The reliefs here show Seti I making offering to the gods. 

 The sanctuaries have the best reliefs in the temple 



Osiris is often depicted as mummified and wearing the crown of Lower Egypt while carrying a crook and a flail



Min, the God of Fertility is often depicted with an erect penis and holding a flail



Can you figure out who's who?





Seti I making offering to Min, the God of Fertility









The Goddess Mut nursing Seti I



Seti I making offering to Amun (wearing a long hat and holding an Ankh)
























Anubis (head of a jackal)





Seti I making offering to Osiris in the presence of  Hathor (horns and sun disc on her head)



Seti I making offering to Isis





Horus

No comments:

Post a Comment