Monday, August 7, 2023

Gallery of the Kings

This corridor is known as the Gallery of the Kings. The wall is carved with the figures of Seti I and his eldest son, the future Ramses II and a long list of pharoahs that preceded them. (note: the temple was built by Seti I when Ramses II was still  young). It provided an almost complete list of the pharaohs which is very important to egyptologists.



Seti I and Ramses II (to be) catching a bull
A portrayal of strength





Seti I and future Ramses II



The list of Pharoahs




Seti I wanted to re-write history to erase the Amarna period. Akhenaten, Tutankhamun, Ay are missing from the list.  Hatshepsut (the female pharoah) amongst others are also missing. Seti I wanted to removed them from records as if they had never existed.



Steps to the roof



The Osireion

No comments:

Post a Comment