Monday, January 9, 2023

Oxford

Oxford, the city of dreaming spires. I have been to Oxford when I was a student. But that was many years ago. I wanted to come and see more of Oxford. We went on our own since my boy got classes and my girl wanted to spend time in London.


Earl's Court Station



0820 train from Paddington



One hour to Oxford



Taxi to Christ Church

In order to get the best out of our day trip, I have prepared two separate walking itineraries (just in case) since most of the attractions and colleges are concentrated in the centre. You have to bear in mind that the colleges may close at their own whims and fancy and most colleges only open during 2.00 to 4.00 in the afternoon. Some of the colleges we wanted to visit such as Brasenose, Jesus and Lincoln were closed and we visited Merton, Corpus Christi and Oriel instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment