Friday, September 25, 2026

Where to Eat in London : Fish and Chips at Toff's

Fish and chips is one of England’s most iconic traditional foods. They became popular during the 19th century, particularly among the working class. Traditionally, cod or haddock is coated in batter and deep-fried, then served with thick-cut chips, salt and vinegar. It is the taste of my student days in England: affordable, simple and satisfying, with memories attached to every bite. By “chips,” I mean finger-sized chips, not French fries. If you’ve tried fish and chips in the UK, you’ll know what I mean. 

I think Toff's of Muswell Hill is the best chippy in London. However, you do have to make an effort to get here. It is quite a distance from central London. You need to take the tube followed by a bus and the journey can take about an hour. But if you love a good traditional fish and chips, I think it is well worth the trip. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8IuYoaOm6g









No comments:

Post a Comment